Tuesday, October 25, 2011

PENGUIN!


Current Temp Ambient:    1   Windchill:     -27
Windspeed (knots):            13
Sunrise:                              0227 
Sunset:                               0116


My coworker Ricky, who is new this season, got to see an emperor penguin this morning on his way to the ice runway!


He (the penguin, not Ricky) is schootching himself along on his belly using his feet to propel himself, it's called toboggining, and they can really move quickly (unlike this poor fella).


Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Hello Joni! Klutes here! We just started reading your blog today (starting at the beginning). Nora and I and really enjoyed this video of the penguin. Nora says, "If I were there, I'd name him Fred!" Hope Fred the Penguin and his friends are doing well! Hope you are doing well too!

    P.S. Ian just said he'd name the penguin Scooby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Klutes! I'm so glad you like the video. Penguins are the cutest. I think Fred and Scooby are great names for penguins, if i see them, I'll run your ideas by them.

    Enjoy the blog! The seal videos are fun, too!

    ReplyDelete